Sunday 7 February 2016

Newspaper Collage

In class we did 3 different collages. one was news paper and the other two were in tissue paper but I used two different colours to make them relate to my own personal theme. 

Newspaper collage:

Firstly, I ripped up small pieces of newspaper (small pieces work better), I then stuck them down onto the page using glue.





Secondly, I covered the newspaper in emulsion to give it a white effect. I then left the emulsion and left it for a couple of minutes. 




I then ripped off some of the newspaper and it gave this sort of effect and because the pieces were smaller they worked better when removing the paper and it give it more of an old, damaged effect.



With the pieces I had ripped off I stuck down onto this piece of paper and then covered it once again in emulsion.




Finally, whilst the emulsion was still slightly wet I used charcoal to grave in a make marks in the shape of my object. this was difficult because the emulsion was wet meaning it was difficult to leave marks.



No comments:

Post a Comment