Sunday 7 February 2016

Collage - Red Peony


This collage was made by Robert Kushner who was born in America in 1949. The title of this collage is called 'Red Peony III and it was made in 2011. The collage used for the background are book pages that have been mounted up and the drawing on it as a peony which is done in oil and acrylic paint. 


My own: 

Firstly, I started by ripping up news paper in small pieces and filling up the page to make up the background. I used the news paper because I like the effect of the lines that are caused and gives it a broken effect and this works well with the theme because it shows how not everything is clear for example memories.




As it starts to build up I turn some of the words upside down and I mix them all up to show change and I also like this photo because before it is completed it looks like how memories full up the space in your mind. 



Finally, this is the finished piece. For the flower first I used a red and green biro pen and then over the top I used oil pastels and smudged them In to give it more of an effect. I like this Collage because it links well with my own theme as it looks very similar to a poopy. I also used glue over the top of the newspaper to give it a glossy effect.


If I did this again I would do the flower again as I wasn't happy with how it turned out. overall I think it has good composition because the flower stands out bright from the black and white background.

No comments:

Post a Comment