Sunday 7 February 2016

Collage - The Quivering Forest

This collage is made Belgium creator Jelle Martens and is called 'The quivering forest'. He created this piece through imagery and graphics. I like this piece because I like the idea of seeing things in a different way. I also like the use of lines and colour within the image.


My own:
Firstly, I selected 8 different photos all based on war and the colours black, white and red and printed of 4 sets. I linked all of the images to go with my own theme and made them all square so that they would fit together properly.




Secondly, I cut up all of the images and then with a ruler a pencil and then drew a line diagonally form corner to corner.


Next, I cut out all of the pieces so that they were all equal size. I used photos that were off the internet so that the final piece would still have a similar digital affect.




I was happy with the final piece as I think it had good composition and that it all fits together quite nicely. I like how it links well with my own theme but also links with the current theme time and past because the war was what happened in the past and these are memories of what happened. I also like the use of line and colour within the collage.




If I was to do this again I would make it so the pieces are closer together because in my collage between some of them there are slight gaps which means you can see the white page behind it

No comments:

Post a Comment