Sunday 7 February 2016

My trip to nuneaton museum and art gallery

For my own personal angle on the current theme we are doing (memories, time, fade and traces) I like to thing this links very well with war which is also my own chosen theme. I went to the museum and art gallery in Riversley park, Nuneaton. When I was out I took several photographs all of things that linked with war and some of these were paintings, objects and statues all things that I could then go onto to draw. Below are some of the photographs that I took: 

This was a poppy that was on a statue.



This is the statue where the poppy was engraved. This is was a war memorial for the first and also the second world war.



This is a statues of a solider from the war holding a rifle.




These are medals from different wars. The medal on the left is service for the Iraq war. On the right was a medal awarded to the Nato Alliance Forces in the former Yugoslavia since 1994.



These are different weapons used in the war for example canon balls and guns.



This is a painting of a solider that had been into war.



These are the clothes the men would wear in the first world war.





This is a picture of people wearing gas masks because when the was happening there was a lot of different toxins in the air that could kill you so people wore these to be able to keep clean and breathe easy.




This is a uniform that a solider would wear.




These a paintings were of the homes and villages during the war.



These were the helmets the soldiers had to wear during the first world war.



These were the gas masks that the adults and children had to wear over their faces during the war when it was happening to keep them safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment