Sunday 7 February 2016

Collage - Weaving

This collage was made by Elena Nuez. I like this collage because I like the pattern of the weaving that is formed. I also like the use of the lines and the tea wash adds to the effect of the colour because it makes it look older and gives it a better tone.


I chose this collage because I think it linked well with my theme of feeling trapped and being stuck and the weaving represents this really well. I also like the use of the tone and the off colour. 

My own: 

Firstly, I cut out strips of newspaper that were covered in words with no pictures or blank spaces. The width of the strips were 1cm and the length was 21cm. I used newspaper because it is very thin which made it easier to weave and I made sure they were all covered in words because I liked the idea of telling a story which has all be mixed up. This also links with the theme because sometimes memories can get mixed up and joined into other memories making them not as clear.



Secondly, I started weaving the other strips of paper so that they were different from them strip before build it up and make it stronger. I carried on doing this until I got to the bottom of the strips.



This was the result after the weaving was complete. The weaving gave the newspaper a checked look which made it more effective and made the words all jumbled up.



Finally, to keep the weaving in place I used the rest of the strips that were left over and I put them horizontally and vertically to match the rest of the pattern of the weaving in place.



Overall I was impressed with the final outcome but if I were to do this again I would do the weaving slightly more tighter so that there wasn't any gaps showing. I think the piece has good composition because it all builds up quite nicely and I like the use of the lines and also the tea wash which gives it more tone and a slightly older effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment